This article right here explains how to easily transfer funds using the Union Bank transfer code. Here you will find how to use the 826 code to send money to any bank accounts in Nigeria.
Union Bank of Nigeria plc (UBN) has not relented in its ability to deliver top notch banking services to its customers. Since 1917 till now, the bank has continued to reach the unbanked and underbanked in every part of Nigeria with quality banking services.
Talk about the 21st century method of operation and Union Bank comes to mind. In Nigeria presently, they are among the leading banks in terms of financial technology. Their web banking, mobile app and ussd banking services are among the simplest and fastest in the country.
Using the Union Bank mobile money code, you can comfortably pay dealers of all kinds of goods and services by having the money transferred to them.
You can do all these and more without stepping outside of your home. Just by dialing the ussd code, you can initiate and complete transaction within seconds.
Union Bank 826
The ussd code works hand in hand with your Union Bank account to deliver on-the-go banking service to you as a customer of the bank. You can use it on any type of phone, provided you are with the mobile line linked to your UBN account.
So if you need to urgently send money to someone and the nearest UBN branch will take a while for you to reach, all you need is to dial this code on your mobile phone. Within seconds, the transaction will be processed.
The code works during or after banking hours, on weekends, Christmas, Easter or any other public holidays. You can use it 24/7 to send money to your friends and members of your family.
Union Bank Transfer Code
- Dial *826*1*TheAmount*RecipientAccountNo# (Note that this code must be dialed through the mobile line associated with your UBN account. For example, *826*1*9500*1234567890#)
- You will be asked to confirm the recipient and as well to enter your Personal Identification Number (Your 4 digits PIN for ussd transactions)
- Once you have authenticated the transaction, a pop-up message will be shown on your phone screen telling you if the transaction is successful or not. Subsequently, you will receive an SMS alert on your mobile line to also inform you of the transaction status
Union Bank To Other Banks Transfer Code
- On your phone, dial *826*2*TheAmount*RecipientAccountNo#
- Select the destination bank from the list of banks that will be displayed on the screen of your phone
- Confirm the recipient account name
- Enter your 4 digits Personal Identification Number (PIN) for UBN ussd banking to authenticate the transaction
- Once you have done that, a pop-up message will be instantly displayed on your phone screen confirming the status of the transaction
Charges Applied to Each Transaction
Well for Union bank to Union bank transfers, the bank will charge you nothing. That means UBN to UBN transfers is free of charge. Yes, FOC!
However for transfers to other banks using the ussd code, below 5000 Naira transfer attracts a charge of 10 Naira. If you are transferring between 5001 and 50,000 Naira, the charges is 25 Naira and for transfer above 50,000 Naira the charges is 50 Naira.
Can this work with my current Account?
Of course. As long as it an individual current account this code will work for you. Just like the ordinary savings account.
The only UBN accounts that are not allowed to use this code are the Corporate Accounts, Domicilliary accounts, Joint Accounts and Target Savings Accounts.
So if your bank account type falls under those restricted categories, the ussd code will not work for you.
N200,000. That is the maximum amount of money you can transfer in a day using the UBN transfer ussd code.
If you need to transfer more than that in a day, consider using other banking options to get it done or reduce the amount.
Creating Authentication PIN
Simply dial *826*5# and enter the 4 digits PIN you will like to be using for ussd banking transactions. Its so simple that it won’t take you more than 60 seconds to set up.
Wrapping it Up
In this article we have discussed how to send money or transfer funds using the Union Bank transfer code. Are you a customer of the bank? Do you need to send money to someone using the Union Bank ussd code?
Other than using it to send funds, you can also make use of the code to get your union bank account number. It is the fastest method to do it.
Follow the guidelines in this post to get it done as soon as possible.