Want to know the jamb subject combination for sociology? Here is the best article there is for that. Keep reading. Jamb Subject Combination for Sociology 2020. Want to know the jamb subject combination for sociology? Here is the best article there is for that. Keep reading.
Sociology is a very interesting course to study at the university even though many people tend to look down on the course. This is because most people don’t have a clear understanding of what the course is all about.
Sociology is one of the most respected courses in other countries because of the impacts the course has made in the society. This course deals with the study of human behaviors in the society. It also covers diverse aspects of human interactions and relationships which include crime, law, race, poverty, social class, education, and even wider issues such as the impact of radical change to the whole societies generally.
When you study Sociology as a course at the university, you will be taught how to understand the pattern of how people live their lives and how they feel about one another. The course is a very wide one and is the ideal course to study when you wish to understand how the society works.
If you have made up your mind to study Sociology at the university, the next course of action to take is to know the basic requirements needed for admission into the university. Knowing these requirements will make the whole process stress free for you.
Candidates without the right information may not be able to secure admission into the university of their choice. You need to know the JAMB requirement, JAMB UTME subject combination, accepted O’Level subject combination, direct entry requirement, universities where you can study the course and other relevant information which will help to make the process very easy for you.
Why you Should Study Sociology
There are many benefits attached to studying Sociology. There are also career opportunities in and out of the country for graduates of Sociology.
You get to have a better understanding of the human nature. The human nature is very complex and confusing. You cannot understand and predict the human nature easily. The study of Sociology will help you use scientific approach in studying and understanding how human behaves and how you can deal with them easily.
There are many skills you would acquire in the course of your study. You will be able to think critically to make decisive decisions which will help in solving problems.
You will definitely become a team player. Most Sociology graduates excel in their place of work because they know how to relate with other workers. They understand easily the reason some people take certain actions and they use it to their advantage by ensuring that they help such person out.
Career Opportunities for Sociology Graduates
Contrary to what many people believe, Sociology graduates are also open to many career opportunities they can choose from. They also earn as much as graduates from other disciplines. Below are some career opportunities you can choose from
- Social worker
- Family support worker
- Advice worker
- Community development worker
- Public relations officer
- Further education teacher
- International aid/development worker
- Life coach
- Social researcher
- Housing manager/officer
- Youth worker
- Charity fundraiser
- Human resources officer
- Probation officer
- UX analyst
- Actuarial analyst
JAMB Subject Combination for Sociology
Candidates who wish to study Sociology in any of the Nigerian universities must get the right subject combinations correctly, else they would not be able to get admission. The subjects required for JAMB UTME include English language (This is compulsory for all candidates), History/Government, and any two Arts or Social Science subjects.
Candidates should note that JAMB cut off marks to study any course in a Nigerian university is 180 but most universities require candidates to have a minimum of 200 in their JAMB UTME score to become eligible to be invited for post UTME tests and possible admission.
A minimum JAMB score of 180 can make you become eligible to write the post UTME test of most universities. You should note that the higher your JAMB score, the better your chance of getting admission.
Candidates with less than 180 JAMB score can proceed with their application to any of the polytechnic. The JAMB cut off marks for Polytechnics is 150.
I have also written about public administration utme subject combination to study the course in the university.
The O’Level requirement to study Sociology at any of the Nigerian Universities includes a minimum of 5 credit passes in the following subjects: English Language, Mathematics, History/Government and three other subjects. A pass in Mathematics can still be accepted by some universities.
The O’Level results accepted include WASSCE/ NECO or any of its equivalent. There are some universities that accept two sittings but not all. However, it is advisable to clear your papers in a sitting so that you are eligible to apply to any university of your choice.
Direct Entry Requirement
You can also apply for direct entry to study Sociology. Direct entry students are to resume 200 Level when admitted. Such candidates are expected to meet any of the following requirements.
1.) Five credits in your O’Level examination. The subjects included are English Language, Mathematics, History/Government and three other subjects. Note that the accepted O’Level result includes WASSCE/ NECO or any of its equivalent.
2.) In addition to the five credits in your O’Level result, you are required to have two A’Level passes in Arts or Social Science subjects.
3.) Candidates with ND and NCE results in Social Development or any Arts/Social Science course with a minimum of Merit and Lower Credit passes respectively can also apply for direct entry.
Nigerian Universities You can Study Sociology
In order for candidates to be guided when choosing which university to Public Administration, we have come up with a comprehensive list of Nigerian university that offers the course.
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK)
- Covenant University Ota
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Federal University, Ndifu-Alike, Ebonyi State (FUNAI)
- Plateau State University Bokkos (PLASU)
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba
- Abia State University, Uturu
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti – Ekiti State
- University of Abuja, Gwagwalada
- Achievers University, Owo
- Federal University, Kashere, Gombe State (FUKASHERE)
- Bauchi State University, Gadau
- Bayero University, Kano
- ECWA Bingham University, New Karu
- Bowen University, Iwo
- Benue State University, Makurdi
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- Caritas University, Enugu
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli
- Covenant University Ota
- Crawford University Igbesa
- Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU)
- Edo University Iyamo
- Ekiti State University
- Eastern Palm University Ogboko, Imo State
- Federal University, Dutsin-Ma, Katsina (FUDUSOK)
- Al-Qalam University, Katsina
- Federal University Gashua, Yobe
- Umar Suleiman College of Education, Gashua
- Federal University, Gusau Zamfara (FUGUS)
- Federal University, Birnin Kebbi (FUBK)
- Federal University, Lafia, Nasarawa State (FULAFIA)
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State
- Federal University, Wukari, Taraba State (FUWUKARI)
- Fountain University, Oshogbo
- Godfrey Okoye University, Ugwuomu-Nike – Enugu State
- Gregory University, Uturu
- Gombe State University, Gombe
- University of Ibadan (UI)
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
- Imo State University, Owerri (IMSU)
- Joseph Ayo Babalola University, Ikeji-Arakeji
- University of Jos (UNIJOS)
- Kaduna State University, Kaduna (KASU)
- Kogi State University Anyigba
- Kwara State University, Ilorin (KWASU)
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- Landmark University, Omu-Aran
- Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai (IBBU)
- Lagos State University, Ojo (LASU)
- Lead City University, Ibadan
- Legacy University, Okija Anambra State
- Madonna University, Okija
- University of Mkar, Mkar
- Nasarawa State University Keffi (NSUK)
- Novena University, Ogume
- Obong University, Obong Ntak
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye
- Paul University, Awka – Anambra State
- University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT)
- Nigeria Police Academy Wudil
- Redeemer’s University, Mowe
- Rhema University, Obeama-Asa – Rivers State
- Ritman University, Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom
- Usumanu Danfodiyo University (UDUSOK)
- Umar Musa Yar’ Adua University Katsina (UMYU)
- Hezekiah University, Umudi
- Osun State University Osogbo (UNIOSUN)
- Western Delta University, Oghara Delta State
- Yobe State University, Damaturu
If you have the passion to contribute meaningfully to the society by solving the numerous problems facing it and at the same time earn, then Sociology is the course you need to apply for in the university. You get to also build yourself in the process.
Ensure that you meet every requirement before you start the admission process to avoid waste of time and resources. It also gives you a level of assurance that you can get admitted. Remember to study hard because good grades count a lot in the admission process.
As you can testify, inside this write up are not just the jamb subject combination for sociology but also every other things you need to know about the course.