Are you searching for GTBank transfer code? Do you need to send money quickly to someone using GTB USSD code?
On this page, you will find GTBank mobile money transfer code. You will not only learn of the code alone, you will also learn how you can use it to send money to GTB account holders and likewise account holders in other banks. Keep reading!
Guaranty Trust Bank popularly known as GTBank or just GTB, has over the years proven they have the interest of their customers at heart. The introduction of their mobile banking ussd code further solidifies this.
Before now one would usually wait in a queue at ATM centres to transfer money. Sometimes, it would take hours before it gets to your turn.
This delay can sometimes be disastrous, especially in cases of emergencies where the recipient needs to use the money immediately.
But after the introduction of this code, things have been faster and go smoothly too. One of the primary function of the code is to use it to know how much is in your gtbank account; your balance. Maybe just to confirm a money you are expecting has been sent.
GTBank Transfer Code
Dial this code *737*1*Amount *Recipient Account Number# to send money from your account to that of another gtbank account and *737*2*Amount *Recipient Account Number# to transfer to other banks.
The good thing about the ussd code *737# is that it works on all kinds of mobile phones, internet-enabled or not. Whether you dial it from an android smartphone or from the old version of Nokia 3310, the code works.
Within seconds of dialing the 737 mobile banking code, the transaction will be fully executed. Your GTB account will be debited and the recipient will have the money instantly credited to his account.
So how do you send money to people from your GTB account, using this code?
I will show you exactly.
How To Transfer Money From Your GTBank Account
For clarity purposes, I will break this section into two. The first part will explain how to send money to GTB account holders while the second will focus on how to send money from same GTB to account holders in other banks in Nigeria.
From A GTB Account To Another GTB Account
To send money from GTBank account to another GTBank customer using the bank mobile money code, here is how to do it.
1.) Using the mobile line registered to your bank account (where you do receive payment alerts), dial *737*1*Amount *Recipient Account Number#.
2.) The moment you dial the above code after entering the amount of money you want to transfer and the account number of the recipient, you will be asked to input the last 4 digits of your ATM card. Bear in mind that the ATM card digits you enter here is the last 4 digit of the Naira Mastercard issued to you by GTBank.
3.) After that, you will receive a notification on your screen from the bank telling you if your transaction is successful or not.
A Practical Example.
- Let’s assume you want to send N5000 to Mr. Haruna Chukwuma Oluwasegun whose GTB account number is 0000001112
- You will have to get the phone line where you do receive notifications of transactions from your bank
- Dial *737* 1* on the phone and follow it up with the amount you wish to send to Mr. Haruna Chukwuma Oluwasegun and his account number. Press the #button and SEND
- That means the whole code will now be *737*1* 5000*0000001112#
- Once you dial that, you will be required to enter your ATM card last 4 digits to authenticate the transaction
- After that, the transaction will be processed
Having discussed that, let’s move on to how to send money to non GTBank account holders.
From GTB To Other Banks In Nigeria
Are you searching for how to send or transfer money from GTBank to other banks in Nigeria using the code *737*? Follow these steps below to do it.
1.) Dial *737*2*Amount*Recipients Account Number# and press the SEND key
2.) You will be required to input your debt card last 4 digits
3.) Confirm the name and bank of the recipient and continue
4.) If the transaction is successful, you will receive a notification on your phone confirming that. If its not, then you will have to try it again.
Below is a practical example of how that works.
- Let’s assume you intend sending N7,000 from your GTB account to one Hajia Adaeze Teni who banks with UBA, and has the account number 2000000011
- You would have to dial *737*2* on your phone using the line registered to your GTB account. After that you add the amount and follow that up with the account details
- If you got that correctly, the code will look like this *737*2*7000*2000000011
- Once you press the SEND button, you will be asked to input the last digits of your ATM card to authorize the transaction
- After that, you will receive a “success” notification from your bank on your screen confirming the transaction. You will also receive a text message
That is how to send money to any bank account in Nigeria from your GTBank account.
From its inception, Guaranty Trust Bank has continued to establish as “the people’s bank” With their highly innovative products targeted at making life easier for people, the bank is one of the most people-friendly banks in Nigeria.
Their easy way of getting the average Nigerian involved in daily banking activities, has earned them a reputation in the country.
If you are sending below 5000 Naira, you will be charged 10 Naira. However if your transfer is between 5001 and 50,000 Naira, the charge is 25 Naira and for transfer above 50,000 Naira, 50 Naira will be deducted from your account.
In this write up, we have explained how to transfer funds using the GTBank transfer code.
Using the step by step guide here, you can be able to send money from your GTB account to another customer of the bank and as well as to other commercial bank account holders in Nigeria.
One other primary functions of this code is to also use it to know your gtb account number easily and fast.
Do you need to urgently transfer funds but an ATM or the nearest GTB branch is very far from you? Are you searching for how to use *737# to transfer money from your mobile phone without leaving the comfort of your home?
I hope this information meets you well.