Are you wondering how you can get your gtbank account balance without walking in the banking hall? This article is for you.
In this guide, you will learn the different ways you can use to know how much you have in your GTB account.
One important thing you will need is your phone number. I mean the mobile phone number that is linked to your Guaranty Trust Bank account.
So if you have lost your SIM card i.e the number on your account, you will need to visit your bank and apply for a change of phone number or simply do a “welcome back”to have the line restored.
You can’t get an alert from your bank or do much mobile transactions if you are not using the registered phone number on your account.
Code to Check Gtbank Account Balance
To check your account balance with gtb mobile banking code, dial *737*6*1#. Your balance will appear on the screen immediately.
Checking your account balance using your bank’s code is one common method that you can always use to know how much you have left in your account.
Every bank has its own USSD code for making financial transactions. With it, you can perform a lot of banking transactions without visiting your bank.
You can save the code and dial it any time you want to check your account balance.
Check Your GTB Balance Via Phone Call
- Dial 080766655555
- Request for your account balance
- You will be asked to confirm your account by providing your account name, account number, email address, home address, next of kin and so on.
- Your account will be verified and within a short while your account balance will be forwarded to your phone number.
This is one of the best method you can use to check your account balance. In this method you are required to call your bank’s customer care lines using your phone number.
Check on Social Media
You can learn about your account balance through the GTBank official Facebook and Twitter pages.
However, you will need to be sure the social media handle is truly the verified handle for the bank.
To do that, follow the steps below;
- With your smart phone login to your Facebook or Twitter account whichever is preferable to you
- In your search box, search for GTBANK official page.
- Like the page and send them a direct message requesting your account balance.
- You will be asked to confirm your account details by providing your account name, account number, phone number, date of birth, etc.
- Your account details will be verified in a short moment after which your account balance will be sent to you.
Using GTWORLD Mobile App
GTbank mobile app is one of the best mobile banking applications in Nigeria at the moment. The app enables you to carry out several kinds of transactions without rushing to the bank.
The transactions you can make with it money transfers, airtime recharge, data subscriptions, ATM card blocking, paying DSTV or water bill and so on.
To check your account balance with the application, here’s what you need to do:
- Visit Google Play store or Apple store on your android or apple phone.
- Search for gtworld
- Download and install the application
- Launch the application and signup on it using your correct bank details.
- Your account balance will be among the details at the top left corner.
With your mobile app, it’s easy to check your account balance anytime, anywhere.
Check Account Balance on Gtbank Whatsapp
You can send a message to GTBank customer care reps on Whatsapp and get your account balance.
Do make sure that you used the phone number linked to your account to send them the message.
GTBANK Whatsapp numbers are; 09060001601, 07016974994.
You can send your message to any of the Whatsapp numbers. Also get your account details ready, you will be asked to give information about your account.
The information include; your account number, your account name, phone number, next of kin, date of birth and so on.
The details you provide will be verified and then your account balance will be sent to you.
How To Check Your GTB Balance Via SMS
To check your account balance using the SMS method, you will have to send a message to the customer care line requesting for it.
However, Gtbank has a format for using the SMS method. To send the message on your phone, write “balance”, leave a space and then write your account number.
Like this; BALANCE 0083539899 to this number 08076665555. Your account balance will be sent to you.
There is no better way for you to check your GTBank account balance than the methods listed above.
With these methods you easily find out how much you have left in the account, whenever you need to.
The best means for smartphone users is to use the gtworld mobile app while others should try the code, call center and sms first before other methods.
I hope you enjoyed this article. Do let me know by leaving a comment and also sharing with your friends to educate even more people.